Thursday, November 3, 2011

Game design update

This project is really starting to come along as far as the designing aspects go. The only thing that really sucks is the communication between teams. I wish that we had an entire semester to do a project like this so that I could add a limitless amount of detail, but I think that since the game is 8bit anyway, detail isn’t too important of a factor. The game designers said that they liked the characters, but that they would like to see a military type person, a scientist and a regular character. I had already created a regular looking guy character so I decided to get working on the military and scientist characters. Here are the sketches for what they look like:



Scientist:



Military guy:


And this is what they look like after they are colored!






Now all I need to do is create the characters in different poses (I’ve already done this step) then add a hot pink layer to the background so that it acts as a transparency for the objects and characters.

This is an example of what they all will look like before sending them off.



As well as each character I had to design some of the objects in the game as well. This includes random objects like a t.v, bush, a computer, etc. Although, I’m finding it harder to create objects that resemble the same sort of style as my characters do. I’m adding the black outline to objects but it doesn’t necessarily fit like it does with the characters.


The final results should look really well and then I will send each object as a single file to the team (this is already done too!) ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment